Thursday, December 3, 2009

They should make an App for that

I was probably 7 years old when my parents first took me to the Church History Library in Salt Lake. As my mother unwrapped my scarf, I saw an entire floor of old ladies shuffling across the velvet carpet to and from computer terminals. I was fascinated that through those machines, these sweet grandmas could find information about their ancestors and start their temple work. 5 years later, at one of my first Young Men’s activities, we did family history work ourselves on PCs the ward owned and housed. I was excited to finally do what those little ladies were doing, and thought the fact that we could do the work from our own church building was incredible. Earlier this year I signed up for the new FamilySearch website, and have begun the work again on my laptop while in the comfort of my PJ’s. As we take advantage of these advances in technology, we can with greater ease bless the lives of the loved ones who have gone before us.

No comments: